Thursday, January 7, 2010

January 7, Gen 22-24

So much of today's reading spoke to me, though I did not tear up when I read Isaac found comfort after his mother's death. (I usually do when I read that.)

I will mention one thing in chapter 22 I have not noticed before today, v 14: Abraham named that place God-Yireh (God-Sees-to-It).

Chapter 23:5-6 The Hittites responded,"Why you're no mere outsider here with us, you're a prince of God.

The Hittites recognized God in Abraham, we are heirs of Abraham - Princesses of God. I want to walk so closely with Him, that people see Him in me and recognize I am His.

Chapter 24 is amazing because everyone involved sees clearly God's hand in everything described from the beginning to the end of the chapter. I love the servant's very specific prayer. He prayed, "O God, God of my master Abraham, make things go smoothly this day; treat my master Abraham well! As I stand here by the spring while the young women of the town come out to get water, let the girl to whom I say, 'Lower your jug and give me a drink,' and who answers, 'Drink, and let me also water your camels'—let her be the woman you have picked out for your servant Isaac. Then I'll know that you're working graciously behind the scenes for my master."

I think whenever possible, it's a good thing to pray specifically. (Though not my will in Jesus' name!)

1 comment:

  1. Every little girl wants to be Daddy's princess. Isn't that a sweet place in Scripture to have even strangers notice Abraham was God's chosen prince and to show us, we are His princesses. Sometimes these places sting of loss when we read them after losing a parent, so I hope it felt whole and good today to have a heavenly Father that loves you, too, so very much.

    ReplyDelete