Friday, January 1, 2010

January 1, 2010 Gen. 1-3

I am so glad to begin the journey through the Bible this year. I began the journey in 2009, my father died, I kept going and then ran out of steam in May. The years of his illness, 11 month hospitalization and death left me very fatigued. I am rested and ready to walk with the Lord very closely this year with my sweet sisters in Christ.

These verses impressed me today

Chapter 1, verses 1-2: Earth was a soup of nothingness,a bottomless emptiness, an inky blankness...that is me when I am not living for the Lord and serving Him. I am empty, blank, inky-dark...I am filled with dross and not in the process of being refined.

Verses 11-13: God spoke: "Earth green up! Grow all varieties of seed bearing plants, Every sort of fruit bearing tree." And there it was, Earth produced green seed-bearing plants, all varieties, and fruit-bearing trees of all sorts. I must ask myself - What fruit am I bearing? Is it fruit of the Spirit? Or is it fruit of the world and sin?

Verse 26: God spoke: Let us make human beings in our image, make them reflecting our image. Do I reflect His image or the image of Annette?

Chapter 2, verse 1: Heaven and earth were finished to the last detail. So were we, nothing was left to chance, before the foundation of the world, our last detail was planned by God. We need to believe it and live like we believe it.

Verse 4: Holy Day - God made the 7th day holy - do I keep a holy Sabbath?

1 comment:

  1. Annette, it is so true that we are empty when not following after the Lord!

    I am reading along this year, but not sure how much posting I will be doing. Will definitely read and be blessed by everyone's thoughts.

    May 2010 blessed!

    ReplyDelete