Sunday, January 3, 2010

January 3, Gen: 8-11

Today's readings take us from the ark and the rainbow to Babel which is like our walk with God in many ways. We have moments of sin such as the builders of the Tower of Babel did to moments the Lord reaffirms we are New Covenant girls. The verses which spoke to me are:

Chapter 8:20-11

Noah built an altar to God. He selected clean animals and birds from every species and offered them as burnt offerings on the altar. God smelled the sweet fragrance and thought to himself, "I'll never again curse the ground because of people. I know they have this bent toward evil from an early age, but I'll never again kill off everything living as I've just done.

The 1st thing Noah did was to build an altar and offer sacrifices to God. When I have been delivered from a situation, when prayers are answered, when confirmation comes, what ever the God moment is - do I thank Him and worship Him 1st or do I call a few people with a praise report and get back to daily life?

Gen 11:4 Come let's build ourselves a tower that reaches Heaven. Let's make ourselves famous so we won't be scattered here and there across the Earth.

What an example of pride and the consequences of sin. God is serious, the wages of sin is death. I pray I am always mindful of sin and quick to repent and ask for forgiveness.

1 comment:

  1. Annette, you speak to me from deep places in your heart where you have dealt with things and it is so obvious---beautiful heart! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete