Tuesday, January 5, 2010

January 5, Gen: 16-18

Gen 17:1-3 really spoke to me today: When Abram was ninety-nine years old, God showed up and said to him, "I am The Strong God, live entirely before me, live to the hilt! I'll make a covenant between us and I'll give you a huge family." Overwhelmed, Abram fell flat on his face.

God showed up - how many times has He shown up for me, too many to count and always on time. He said, I AM the Strong God - we need to remember that, He is not some god with a little G, He is the Great I Am! We need to live life to the hilt for Him. Overwhelmed Abram fell flat on his face. I need to fall flat on my face more often.

Gen 18: 20-21, God continued, "The cries of the victims in Sodom and Gomorrah are deafening; the sin of those cities is immense. I'm going down to see for myself, see if what they're doing is as bad as it sounds. Then I'll know."

God continued, "The cries of the victims in Sodom and Gomorrah are deafening the sin of those cities is immense." - Sometimes we wonder if He hears, He does - He always hears.

No comments:

Post a Comment