Saturday, January 2, 2010

January 2, Gen. 4-7

The following verses really spoke to me today:

Chatper 4:6-7

God spoke to Cain:"Why this tantrum? Why the sulking? If you do well, won't you be accepted? And if you don't do well, sin is lying in wait for you, ready to pounce; It's out to get you, you've got to master it.

Sin is clearly described to us - it lies in wait ready to pounce. I must master it - not make excuses or justify it. Through Christ I can do all things and mastering sin is 1 of them.

Chapter 4:16 Cain left the presence of God and lived in no man's land, east of Eden.

The words no man's land really struck me. I do not want to be out of God's presence and I most certainly do not want to be wandering around no man's land with no guidance, no Holy Spirit, no wisdom, no discernment, no Lord & Savior!

Gen 6:11-12 As far as God was concerned, the Earth had become a sewer; there was violence everywhere. God took one look and saw how bad it was, everyone corrupt and corrupting - life itself was corrupt to the core.

How often as a Christian do I complain about corruption, rail against it and not pray about it. I watch the news, take my eyes of Jesus and open my mouth. I should hit my knees and pray.

1 comment:

  1. I'm loving this version of the Bible. The words fall fresh. Sin waiting to pounce, etc. paints a detailed picture. Looking forward to another year in His Word filled with JOY! Love, Annette

    ReplyDelete