Monday, February 8, 2010

Feb. 8, Lev. 22-23

Lev 22: 31 Do what I tell you; live what I tell you. I am God.

LIVE what I tell you. I so want 2010 to be the year I live out the Word of God!

Lev 22:32-33, "Don't desecrate my name. I insist on being treated with holy reverence among the People of Israel. I am God who makes you holy and brought you out of Egypt to be your God. am God."

As New Covenant Girls, we are spiritually delivered from the bondage of Egypt. By living for God and dying to self, by repenting and confessing our sins we remain free. In the words of my friend Norma Dearing, keep your accounts short, confess and repent immediately, don't wait until later. When we forget or refuse to confess and turn away from our sins we are heading right back to Egypt.

Lev 23: 3 Work 6 days. The 7th day is a Sabbath, a day of total and complete rest, a sacred assembly. Don't do any work. Wherever you live, it is a Sabbath of God.

OK - so I went to Target last night because I didn't want to go between a funeral and wedding on Sat. I was convicted last night but kept driving to Target to buy milk. I try to keep Sunday a Sabbath, but fail occasionally. Verse 23: Work 6 days. There is a period, nothing that says well you had a busy week, hit the mall after church. The weather was awful all week get out and treat the day like Saturday, prune, mulch, etc. We are told the day is a sacred assembly and we are told Don't do any work. This is something I observe for weeks on end and the suddenly work like a horse and have not had a Sabbath - no time with God except church that day, I've treated it as any other day.

No comments:

Post a Comment