Thursday, February 11, 2010

February 11, Numbers 1-2

As we read the details of the census, part of my brain wants to shut down, I immediately think math and spread sheets, the other part of my brain kicks in and says God is in the details.

The people have been out of Egypt (free) for 2 years. The following verses struck me today:

Numbers 1:54 The people of Israel did everything God commanded Moses. They did it all.

Numbers 2: 34 The people of Israel did everything the way God commanded: They camped under their respective flags; they marched by tribe with their ancestral tribes.

Life was good, they were obedient to God.

I have to ask myself: Am I camping under a heavenly atmosphere, under the canopy of God or am I camped in the world/wilderness? Do I have God's banner waving outside my tent? Is my banner truly Jehovah Nisi or is it the flag of discontent, disappoitment, anger, selfishness etc?

No comments:

Post a Comment