Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Feb. 10, Lev 26-27

There are so many verses which really spoke to me in Chapter 26. As I began chapter 26, the words
1 "Don't make idols for yourselves; don't set up an image or a sacred pillar for yourselves, and don't place a carved stone in your land that you can bow down to in worship. I am God, your God.
2 "Keep my Sabbaths; treat my Sanctuary with reverence. I am God are the 1st words I read.

I need to examine my heart, mind and life - have I opened the door wide to sin and let idols in, have I left the door cracked and let the creep in? My dad was ill from 2005-2009, critically ill from the end of 2007 until his death a year ago. In some areas of my walk with God, I HELD His hand tight, in other areas - I became slip shop. My prayer life is still not as intense as it was. I want to get back to where and I was and go even deeper with Him.

Do I treat His sanctuary with reverence? In regards to myself being a temple of the Holy Spirit, the most honest answer I can give is - Sometimes.

Verse 13 is so powerful: I ripped off the harness of your slavery so that you can move about freely. I've never thought of the imagery of a harness and slavery before.

Verse 14 - But if you refuse, Verse 40 - on the other hand if you confess...there it is in black and white for us - choose life or death, blessings or curses, obedience or disobedience...

1 comment:

  1. You know, sometimes after we've been carried the most, and yet things end up not going "our way" we lose confidence in our own prayer lives. I know it isn't the prayer but the One whom we pray to who holds the power, but there is an attack on our confidence that He really hears little bitty us. Or worse, that He even cares. I've felt this in my own life at times, and within a short time of recognizing what I have done, God always gives me a VERY personal nudge to say "I am near." You've witnessed two of those moments with me. When He flashed Isaiah 41:10 on the screen at FBC that morning, and as recently as yesterday, designating our readings to be the Jubilee year. Little nudges that say "I am right here. I didn't move." I'm praying for a shot of faith designed just for you this morning. And the sweet thing is, I know He'll do it, as you've asked the prayer He always answers: "I want to go deeper with You." Your takes on our readings always bless me. Love, Annette

    ReplyDelete