Tuesday, February 23, 2010

February 23, Numbers 28-30

These words keep jumping out at me today.

"Conclude the seventh day in holy worship; don't do any regular work on that day.

Do I really contemplate the holiness of worship in my heart as I enter into worship? Am I keeping the Sabbath holy? Do I spend the day resting in the Lord?

As a New Covenant Girl, I am not required to make sacrifices to the Lord such as drink offerings, burnt offerings, etc...but I am to make sacrifices and do so willingly, not as a martyr.

"On the tenth day of this seventh month, gather in holy worship, humble yourselves, and do no work.

Holy worship - humble myself...

"When a woman makes a vow to God and binds herself by a pledge as a young girl still living in her father's house, and her father hears of her vow or pledge but says nothing to her, then she has to make good on all her vows and pledges. But if her father holds her back when he hears of what she has done, none of her vows and pledges are valid. God will release her since her father held her back.

"If she marries after she makes a vow or has made some rash promise or pledge, and her husband hears of it but says nothing to her, then she has to make good on whatever she vowed or pledged. But if her husband intervenes when he hears of it, he cancels the vow or rash promise that binds her. And God will release her.

"Any vow or pledge taken by a widow or divorced woman is binding on her.

I cannot imagine living in the old covenant, I would have been a big slop at it or been at the temple making sacrifices daily.

The Jews had a narrow road to follow, I must enter through a narrow gate.

Thank You Lord Jesus for being my Passover Lamb!

No comments:

Post a Comment