Sunday, March 1, 2009

Week 9, Lev 18 - Numbers 6

Can I just say among friends, I am glad to be out of Leviticus. I talked to the Lord about it, told Him - Sorry, I am so tired of this book, though I am thankful for the theme of holiness and being reminded frequently to keep the Sabbath. Anything He repeats is important.

As I read Leviticus 18:1-4, The LORD said to Moses, "Speak to the Israelites and say to them: 'I am the LORD your God. You must not do as they do in Egypt, where you used to live, and you must not do as they do in the land of Canaan, where I am bringing you. Do not follow their practices. You must obey my laws and be careful to follow my decrees. I am the LORD your God.

Holy Spirit, please convict me of any sin I have let creep into my life that is a part of the American culture. I want to confess my sin and repent.

Lev 19:9-10, " 'When you reap the harvest of your land, do not reap to the very edges of your field or gather the gleanings of your harvest. Do not go over your vineyard a second time or pick up the grapes that have fallen. Leave them for the poor and the alien. I am the LORD your God.

As money grows tighter, I must remember those who need help and continue to give to food pantries and other ministries who help in my community.

Lev 19:30 - " 'Observe my Sabbaths and have reverence for my sanctuary. I am the LORD...another verse pertaining to the Sabbath and the Lord mentions reverence for His sanctuary. It saddens me, the church I have attended for over 20 years is a gab fest before the service. No longer an atmosphere of prayer before the service.

Lev 23:3 " 'There are six days when you may work, but the seventh day is a Sabbath of rest, a day of sacred assembly. You are not to do any work; wherever you live, it is a Sabbath to the LORD. - The Sabbath is a big deal to the Lord. It should be a big deal to us. Jesus mentioned it as well.

Lev 26:2 " 'Observe my Sabbaths and have reverence for my sanctuary. I am the LORD.

Lev 26: 11-13 11 I will put my dwelling place among you, and I will not abhor you. 12 I will walk among you and be your God, and you will be my people. I am the LORD your God, who brought you out of Egypt so that you would no longer be slaves to the Egyptians; I broke the bars of your yoke and enabled you to walk with heads held high.

Skip ahead to Rev 21: And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, "Now the dwelling of God is with men, and he will live with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God.He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away." - Imagine the day the dwelling of God is with men, we will be His people and He will be our God!

We get to the first few chapters of Numbers, God is so in the details, He even tells the tribes how to set up their camps in Chapter 2...He is involved in the details of our lives too, He wants only the best for us.

Numbers 5:11-18 - The Jealousy Ritual, I have to say it again, I am so GLAD I am a New Covenant Girl! Praise You Jesus for being my scapegoat, my atoning Lamb!

Numbers 6:24-26 - What a blessing...

" ' "The LORD bless you
and keep you;

the LORD make his face shine upon you
and be gracious to you;

the LORD turn his face toward you
and give you peace."

3 comments:

  1. Rev. 21 gives me goosebumps. What a glorious day that will be! He is worthy of all our praise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you about being glad to be through it. I hope that I gleaned what He had for me and I'll have to have a better heart as we go through Numbers as well.

    love,
    karen

    ReplyDelete